I’m having lots of headcanon thoughts about my OCs tonight, so I’m going to blab about them here before I forget. XD
Basically I have a new story/’verse/sandbox I like to call “A Lot of Odd Things.” In which there are a bunch of characters who are both “odd” and “normal”.
This is Jaxon (nickname Jay or Chernobog). Commonly referred to as a shape-shifter, skin-changer, werecat, etc. He is basically a guy who can turn into a cat. Unlike other cliche monster stories there is nothing particularly special about it. No curses, relying on the moon, or split beast personality. He’s a human and a cat, who has the ability to choose what body to use. To him it’s perfectly normal, and just who he is.
- Mentally he’s the same in both bodies, which is more or less a highly intelligent feline and a guy with a few quirks. Sunbathing happens regardless of which body he uses.
- Personality wise is where the ‘cat’ in him comes through. Laid-back and snarky, he has no problem letting people know exactly what he thinks. Zero personal space boundaries with people he knows well. This also goes for their things, which he’ll paw through and make himself comfortable on their furniture. Otherwise he can be fun to be around.
- As a cat he enjoys freaking people out.
- Shifting isn’t a disney magical-transformation. It involves a lot of bones cracking/growing/shrinking, with muscles rearranging and lots of defying physics. However it’s so natural to Jaxon that he can shift in one fluid movement and in nearly a blink of an eye it’s over. Clothing not included.
- He has only once been scared/startled so badly he accidentally shifted (Alex’s fault). He will deny it happened till the day he dies.
- He cannot naturally speak human speech as a cat , beyond this hilarious “Naooo” noise. Thankfully his buddy Alex (more on him later) fixes this language barrier for him whenever they are together.
- He can, as a cat, speak to other cats. However normal cats don’t converse the same as humans, so the topics and details are limited. Theoretically he can talk to cats as a human, but cats use a lot of body language which he can’t do as a human. Plus stranger cats aren’t likely to converse with a human, regardless how not-human he smells.
- He’s around 25, and currently unemployed (haven’t thought much about history or current job situation yet).
- His BFF is Alex (who owns the white raven Oracle), and more often than not Jaxon is over at Alex’s place.
- To somewhat keep his shifting identity a secret (not that he cares), as a human he’s referred to as Jaxon or Jay, and as a cat Chernobog, which was given to him by his elderly neighbor who hates the cat but adores the young man.
More later, I’ve written enough for now. I’ll be doodling more characters as inspiration strikes.
Ask me questions if you want, it’ll help me world-build. :>